- Work with Rainforest Alliance Markets and Imaflora teams to develop, refine and implement the Brazil domestic market strategy;
- Engage with companies in the Brazil market to grow demand for certified crops with a focus on coffee and beef/leather, in coordination with Rainforest Alliance and Imaflora staff;
- Conduct research on companies and prepare profiles;
- Support the development of farm profiles;
- Prepare lists of targeted company and producer prospects and engagement/outreach plan;
- Maintain database of key contacts;
- Develop travel agendas and schedule meetings for Rainforest Alliance/Imaflora senior staff
- Organize industry events, other special public events, and publicity opportunities;
- Liaise with Rainforest Alliance/Imaflora communications teams on the development of supporting promotional materials;
- Investigate and develop social media opportunities and link local efforts to global work;
- Other duties as assigned.
sexta-feira, 7 de fevereiro de 2014
Edital de contratação - Marketing Specialist, Brazil
Terms of Reference
Consultancy or Short-term Contract
Title: Marketing Specialist, Brazil
Reports to: Imaflora Deputy Director, and Rainforest Alliance Director Strategic Initiatives
Duration : March 1 – December 31, 2014
Imaflora Instituto de Manejo e Certificação Florestal e Agrícola – IMAFLORA, a Brazilian not-for-profit civil association (NGO) with the mission to encourage and promote changes in the agricultural and forestry sectors striving for the conservation and sustainable use of natural resources and the promotion of social benefits.
The Rainforest Alliance is an international nonprofit organization that works to conserve biodiversity and ensure sustainable livelihoods by transforming land-use practices, business practices and consumer behavior. Based in New York City, with offices worldwide, the Rainforest Alliance works with people whose livelihoods depend on the land, helping them transform the way they grow food, harvest wood and host travelers.
The Marketing Specialist, Brazil, will support the Imaflora and Rainforest Alliance teams in planning and executing activities to increase the supply and demand particularly, but not restricted to, coffee and beef/leather from Rainforest Alliance Certified™ farms in the domestic Brazilian market.
In addition to exploring new opportunities, s/he will maintain relationships with companies already engaged with the Rainforest Alliance and Imaflora. S/he will also promote awareness of the Rainforest Alliance Certified™ seal by organizing and participating in industry events and meetings, developing supporting materials, seeking opportunities to raise the profile of Rainforest Alliance Certified™ products with the media, key opinion leaders and the Brazilian public.
· Bachelor or higher Degree in relevant field;
· 3-5 years experience in non-profit sector or relevant industry field preferred;
· Strong computer skills (Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word and Internet);
· Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and Portuguese;
· Strong organizational and time management skills;
· Dynamic, team oriented with strong interpersonal skills;
· Proactive and positive attitude;
· English and Brazilian Portuguese fluency a must, and;
· Knowledge of and commitment to environmental issues and sustainability practices preferred.
How to Apply
Send your CV (English), a cover letter, preferably way of hiring (consultant or temporary contract/ CLT), confirmation that you are eligible to work in Brazil and your salary expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title Brazil Marketing Specialist in the subject field, until 20/02/2013.
IMAFLORA encourages diversity in its staff.
Postado por Canal Imaflora às 09:25